The Highway 43 Car Club is a non-profit, volunteer based organization that:
- Promotes and preserves the automotive hobby within the regions along County Road 43 and beyond
- Builds and maintains relationships amongst all our members by means of communication and participation at Club Functions.
- Works with local businesses in our community to run our Club Functions.
- Spreads awareness of the Club through a weekly Cruise Night, as well as various one-time shows throughout the season.
- Actively promotes and supports local charities.
- Raises funds by means of draws, raffles, entry-fees, and donations to support club expenses.
The Idea and The Name
The Highway 43 Car Club started as a mere idea for our President, Rod Rafter.
He saw the need for a club that connects all of the small towns along the infamous Highway 43; towns such as Winchester, Chesterville, Kemptville, Merrickville, and well beyond.
Picking a name was simple, the Highway 43 Car Club was a catchy, unique name that was truly a great representation of our membership.
The Club Itself
The Highway 43 Car Club was formed over the winter of 2007/2008.
With the help of new and old friends, the club's identity came to life.
The first order of business was to get a website up and running that would be the life-line of the club.
The website would be what connects all of our members, from one end of the Highway to the other and also everything to the North and South.
On top of that, the club also resumed it's dedication of running a weekly Cruise Night in Kemptville, which has continued to grow in leaps and bounds each year.
As the Club continues to grow, so has the membership.
At the end of 2009, the Highway 43 Car Club had over 80 active members and 380 by the end of 2016.
Many of these members volunteer their time to help run our Shows and Cruise Nights.
Becoming a member of the Highway 43 Car Club is easy, all you need to do is fill out a membership form (found here, or at any of our Shows/Cruise Nights) and return it to us.
There are no fees involved, we just ask you support the club as much as you can by means of showing up to our events!
A big part of the Highway 43 Car Club's goals is to actively support charities and organizations within our community.
Since 2008, the Club has supported groups such as the Children's Wish Foundation (Ottawa Chapter), the Kemptville Youth Center, the Winchester Dairyfest Committee, and the Merrickville Youth Group, Kanata Food Cupboard, Kemptville Salvation Army Food Bank and the Dundas County Food Bank.
The Club will continue it’s support for the Kanata Food Cupboard and the Kemptville Salvation Army Food Bank.
Area Car Club Events 2022